- Climbing Plant Support Systems (5)
- Irrigation & Aeration (13)
- Metal Tree Grates (7)
- Rootball Guying & Tree Ties (4)
- Soil Cell Pavement Support Systems (4)
- Stormwater Management (5)
- Street Furnishing Collections (5)
- Tree Guards (4)
- Tree Planting Packages (2)
- Urban Root Management (4)
- Urban Tree Protection & Tree Surrounds (11)
Showing all 3 results
Soil cells are designed to provide trees in urban environments with suitable conditions that promote healthy growth, without disturbing the structures above.
Not every soil structure is conducive to the growth of trees. Healthy tree growth is strongly influenced by soil structure, as it affects the movement of air, water, and other nutrients required for trees to mature. Effectively the ‘architecture of the soil’, soil structure is usually the most critical element in the success/failure of urban trees.
Too often, trees are planted in cramped planting pits and poor subsoil, resulting in stunted growth, with roots tending to colonize immediately underneath the paved surface, causing pavement damage. Without compromising or damaging the structural integrity of paved surfaces, how can urban trees be adequately provided for in their urban setting? GreenBlue offers load-bearing soil cells to create structurally adequate soil systems that are also conducive to root growth.