DetailsCategory: Irrigation & Aeration
The new RootRain Hydrogrille tree aeration system maintains long term soil health and fertility by facilitating high volumes of water and oxygen to reach the tree rooting area directly and allowing toxic gasses to escape – a critical tree welfare factor especially in the first few years of its life in a new tree pit. Soil under paved areas without a RootRain system will quickly become anaerobic due to lack of water and oxygen, this will result in tree mortality.
The Hydrogrille twist locks into GBU’s high-quality range of Ductile Iron Tree Surrounds for security and stability. The lift and swing lid is intended for easy access for cleaning and has the capacity to withstand heavy vehicular overrun, including from street sweepers in hardscape areas.
- Heavy cast LM6 grade aluminium inlet – withstands high loads inc. street sweepers
- Lid lifts and swings to one side for fast irrigation & maintenance
- Flush finish ensures no trip hazard
- Inlet twistlocks into GreenBlue Urban’s range of tree grilles
- Unique integral self-cleaning mechanism
- Constant gaseous exchange for soil health
- Critical for tree survival and longevity
- High quality robust construction for durability during construction and throughout working life
- No sinking resulting from soil settlement around the tree
|RRHYDR1A||10 ft (3m)||2.5″ (60mm)||4.5″ (120mm)||2.5 lbs (1.2 kg)|
|RRHYDR2A||16.5 ft (5m)||2.5″ (60mm)||4.5″ (120mm)||3.5 lbs (1.5 kg)|
|RRHYDR3A||26 ft (8m)||2.5″ (60mm)||4.5″ (120mm)||5 lbs (2.2 kg)|
Material Body: LM6 aluminium, lid 5086 aluminium Pipe: polypropylene Tee: recycled HDPE In-line Filter: steel/nylon Finish Body cast with linished top edge Lid anodised Colour Body and lid natural aluminium Pipe and tee black In-line Filter blue Maintenance Seasonal check – to clean, remove In-line Filter and shake debris off before re-inserting