Trees and Water Sensitive Urban Design
Inspired by our popular SuDS publication, trees and water sensitive urban design, this CPD Seminar covers the key principles of trees and SuDS. As large free-standing storm water reservoirs, trees have few equals. Their natural capacity for canopy interception and water attenuation mean that they are increasingly being viewed as fundamentally important SUDS component in and WSUD schemes.
- The principals of trees and water sensitive design.
- Typical SuDS tree pit installation scenarios including real world case studies.
- Alternative methods for bringing water into tree pits.
- Bio-retention tree pits, swales and raingardens.
- Stormwater canopy interception and tackling increasing stormwater drainage demands.